A luxurious sanctuary hidden deep in the tropical forests of Ubud, Indonesia, featuring rooftop lily ponds and a dramatic suspension bridge, has been named the world’s best hotel 2018.
It’s not hard to see why the Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, Indonesia emerged the top-scoring hotel.
Set in the lush Ayung River Valley, one of its most distinctive features is a dramatic suspension bridge that skims the jungle treetops, offering guests sweeping views of their lush, forest surroundings.
Riverside villas come with a meditation space, outdoor living room and pool. Moreover, guests can also take cooking lessons at a Balinese cooking school, and meditation and yoga lessons in the riverside pavilion.
Overall, the top 10 scoring properties are either located in sublime, remote locations or in heritage, landmark buildings that include a Scottish castle and Irish mansion.
This year, Asia dominates the top 100 hotels, landing 27 spots on the list, including “honeymooners’ havens in the Maldives” and a palatial resort overlooking the Taj Mahal in Agra, India.
Here are the top 10 hotels of 2018, according to FASTE:
1. Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, Indonesia
2. Ballyfin, County Laois, Ireland
3. Frangipani Beach Resort, Anguilla
4. (tie) Inkaterra La Casona, Cusco, Peru
4. (tie) Inverlochy Castle Hotel, Torlundy, Scotland
6. The Mulia, Bali, Indonesia
7. Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa, Torres del Paine, Chile
8. Temple House, Chengdu, China
9. Nihi Sumba Island, Indonesia
10. Nayara Springs, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
For more information or booking, you can find us on Instagram @fasteofficial